this photo was taken in the
late-1960's the Oak Hill Depot
was serving as a station jointly
operated by the C&O and
photo showing the Oak Hill Depot
as it looked just after
construction, in about 1905. The
station was built by the White Oak
Railway, a railroad owned by the
New River Company.
The Oak Hill Depot as it
appears today. After the White Oak Ry. was sold to the Virginian, the VGN
took over ownership of the depot, followed by the N&W in 1960. The
historic depot is currently undergoing some much needed restoration work.